We had a great discussion of some of our favorite tools to find people, build networks, share content, and be more productive. Most of these tools could be used by anyone doing sales, marketing, business development, and especially recruiting.
One of my favorite things to come from this conversation is the controversial things you can discover about people with Facebook's Graph Search. If you haven't seen it yet, check out this humorous and slightly disturbing list of Actual Facebook Graph Searches by Tom Scott.
Here is the video and list of tools courtesy of www.Colleague.eu. Big thanks to Louis and Amanda!
- JobGram - 'Send visually engaging job opportunity strauight to the people'
- PinTheJob - 'Jobgraphics'
- Vine (Apple app) - 'Create short, beautiful, looping videos.'
- Most Wanted - Social Recruiting Referral Tool.
- Colleague Internet Explorer Add-on (Internet Explorer add-on) - Recruiter search tool for Internet Explorer and page parser.
- If This Then That - 'IFTTT is a service that lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement, if this then that.' < One of Craig's all-time favorite tools
- Crowdbooster - 'Crowdbooster offers social media analytics with suggestions and tools to help you improve your online presence.'
- SharedBy.co - 'Customer Engagement Bar and Analytics with Each Shared Link.'
- SocialBro - 'With SocialBro you can manage and analyze your Twitter Community.'
- Google Alerts - 'Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.), based on your queries.'
- Bottlenose - 'The next-evolution of social media listening and analytics.'
- Twitter Feed - 'Offers to tweet the last posts published in a blog via the RSS feed.'
- Falcon (Chrome Add-on) - 'Rich contact details within your browser.'
- Rapportive - 'Rich contact profiles right inside gmail.'
- Microsoft Outlook Social Connector - 'With the all-new Outlook Social Connector, you can expand your social networks and stay up to date without leaving Outlook.'
- Lookup by Talent Bin (Apple app) - 'Quickly and easily look up professional and social information about friends, colleagues, and business contacts with this intuitive people search engine.'
- Social Mention - Real-time social media search and analysis.
- HootSuite Assignment (Chrome add-on) - 'Quickly and easily assign Tweets and Facebook messages to team members within your organization by using Assignments (by HootSuite).'
- Sprout Social - 'Engage, Publish & Analyze'
- Buffer -'Easily add great articles, pictures and videos to your Buffer and we automatically share them for you through the day.'
- WhoWorks.At - 'Discover your connections while you browse the web.'
- Statigram - 'Instagram client online: Great web viewer, social analytics, tools for contests & brand community management.'
- Webstagram - Another Instagram web viewer.
- Linkedn Signal - Search over LinkedIn updates.
- Job Change Notifier - 'Get an email alert whenever any of your LinkedIn connections gets a new job, leaves their current one, or gets promoted.
*Bonus tool: one very cool new tool that we didn't mention is Signal by Joberate http://www.joberate.com/products-and-services/signal. This Signal "is an intelligent intuition tool which lets you know when it’s the right time to make a job offer to a prospective candidate who has a social profile."